Why do you think it is important to know what you are feeling? Do you take notice of what your body is trying to tell you or do you bypass your emotions, allowing your ego to rule the day? In this post I will share with you why it is so important to honor your feeling.
Learning to develop self-respect within me, led me on the way to listen and honor my feelings. Throughout my life, I cannot say I have really honored my feelings. This was due to my shyness. I did not want to hurt others. I was full of feelings, but I could not express them.
To live healthy relationships with others, in a love relationship, in a marriage and business relationships, it was important for me to know my feelings and be in contact with them. But also, I learned to accept my negative emotions. This work was very interesting because it taught me not to carry on my back negative emotion that I have lived several minutes before.
Do you know the story of the two monks? Two monks who were making a pilgrimage came to a river bank. They saw a young girl dressed in expensive finery and with her hair done up in the latest fashion.
She was greatly embarrassed because she did not want to damage her clothes and the river was in flood. Without further preamble, one of the monks, the oldest, took her on his back, crossed the river and set her down on the other side. She thanked him and went on her way, and the two monks waded back through the waters.
But the other monk, the youngest, after an hour began to criticize: "Brother, we are taught to avoid contact with women, and there you were, not just touching a woman, but carrying her on your shoulders. How could you break the rule of the monks?"
The older monk looked at the younger with a loving, pitiful smile and said, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river; you are still carrying her.”
Yes, we still carry on our shoulders many things. We must not allow yesterday’s actions to affect today’s progress, because letting go of the past is necessary to truly thrive today.
Yes, we still carry on our shoulders many things. We must not allow yesterday’s actions to affect today’s progress, because letting go of the past is necessary to truly thrive today.
We all live experiences more or less pleasant. For me, learning to manage my negative emotions was an interesting work. When I feel something in my body, I give it a name and I identify exactly what I are feeling. In the past I have always deny them, but today trusting and honoring them is vital to achieving my best life ever. It's one of the best things I have done for myself.
It is important to know what you are feeling as feelings are the best personal response,especially if you need to master your emotions.
Here are some exercises that I do to stay in touch with my feelings:
It is important to know what you are feeling as feelings are the best personal response,especially if you need to master your emotions.
Here are some exercises that I do to stay in touch with my feelings:
1. I create quality time with myself.
2. On a yellow notepad, I have noted my three tops feelings: love, gratitude and compassion and I try to put them into practice each day.
3. I am careful not to judge myself and others.
4. Every morning in my journal, I write down my feelings of the moment. This exercise allowed me to go through a particularly difficult period in 2013.
Honoring my feelings does not mean becoming arrogant, or better than anyone else. It's really being true to myself, honest with what I feel and what I want to live as my life experience. It is to be prepared to engage authentic conversations with other people.
By honoring my emotional states, I am now able to put myself in a much healthier, and often happier state of being. I am also able to give myself more unconditional love.

No comments:
Post a Comment