The journey to true love is also respect myself. In this post, I will show you why it is necessary for not being a people-pleaser.
The journey to true love is also to develop self-respect. For the soul, this trip is safe, no traps and no mountains to move. But the ego perception of the journey to true love is like a road full of pitfalls.
One of these obstacles is my relationship with others. I have always had a tendency to be a people-pleaser against my own feelings. I have always said to myself that I must please other to cultivate a nice image of me and find peace, while in my heart, I was not in peace at all, because I was doing many things that I did not want to do. This is all part of my early mistakes. But all these mistakes like being a people-pleaser was part of my journey to true love. The purpose of life is to not continue to commit the same mistakes but rather use them for our expansion.
I AM A DIVINE BEING, ABUNDANT, ETERNEL, AND FEELING WITHIN ME UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR ALL THAT IS !
It was only when I started my journey towards my alignment with love that I understood that I am not obliged to love against of my own values, be a people-pleaser such as lying to protect someone else I wanted to please. Being Often a people-pleaser raises feelings within me such as shame, guilt, etc. Obviously, those feelings did not contribute to my self-esteem.
To cure myself from those bad relationships, I had to learn how to find answers to what is good for me without having to worry about what others think. This is because the opinion of others was very important to me that I was living in denial of myself. I was afraid to present to others a bad image of myself as a lazy, insensitive, selfish or completely self-centered being, and this towards friends, family or colleagues.
But, I know, for you who are reading me, you can easily know if what you are doing for others is inconsistent with your values, because you feel that you're not well. You feel bad, but your ego will always argue to convince you that being a people-pleaser is what you ought to be. Since I was little, my mother taught me to be kind. At school, I considered the word of my teachers as words of the bible. I was always careful not to hurt or shocked. I was living unconsciously under pressure.
The day I released myself from the grip of ego of being a people-pleaser, I felt free, free as a bird.
I AM A DIVINE BEING, ABUNDANT, ETERNEL, AND FEELING WITHIN ME UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR ALL THAT IS !
But how did I manage to free myself from this tendency to indulge.
1. Being aware every time someone asks me for something.
2. I had to get to know my priorities and live them
3. I value to my time. I am no more serving anyone to please.
4. I learned to say NO to certain things
5. I do not look for excuses: it's the hardest thing I had to do
6. By doing a little exercise as my daily affirmation that says : I am completely independent of the opinion of others, good or bad. I am responsible for my life. I am responsible for my choices. That sounds simplistic, but you cannot imagine the power of this sentence.
The day I released myself from the grip of ego of being a people-pleaser, I felt free, free as a bird.
I AM A DIVINE BEING, ABUNDANT, ETERNEL, AND FEELING WITHIN ME UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR ALL THAT IS !
But how did I manage to free myself from this tendency to indulge.
1. Being aware every time someone asks me for something.
2. I had to get to know my priorities and live them
3. I value to my time. I am no more serving anyone to please.
4. I learned to say NO to certain things
5. I do not look for excuses: it's the hardest thing I had to do
6. By doing a little exercise as my daily affirmation that says : I am completely independent of the opinion of others, good or bad. I am responsible for my life. I am responsible for my choices. That sounds simplistic, but you cannot imagine the power of this sentence.
This is how I managed to respect myself. By developing a strong sense of self-respect helped me to fulfill my potential, develop healthy relationships, and make everyone around me see me as a person who is worthy of respect.
I AM A DIVINE BEING, ABUNDANT, ETERNEL, AND FEELING WITHIN ME UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR ALL THAT IS !

No comments:
Post a Comment